Sponsors




Blogs




www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from cao5765. Make your own badge here.

Locations of visitors to this page

Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Wait 'till Next Year

I found the following email chain between ST and myself in one of my folders. I felt it worth sharing with the world. I spoke to my coach about it. He said the following:

Just tell him he needs a good coach! '06 will be even harder for him to
swallow - sort of like wasabe without the sushi. It brings tears to your
eyes, but provides no nutriment.

nlc
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Neil L. Cook
SLB Coaching & Training Systems
Asphalt Green Triathlon Training Institute
http://www.slb-coaching.com


------------------------------
Here is the email chain...

----- Original Message -----
From: "ST
To: "BEAST
Sent: Sunday, July 31, 2005 6:24 AM
Subject: Re: Fw: Math Lesson


Uh, no. Did I write it?

No-longer-Super-Todd,

Todd

PS Charlie the Tuna is going DOWN in 06 (my new signature).

-----Original Message-----
From: BEAST
Sent: Jul 30, 2005 3:31 PM
To: ST
Subject: Fw: Math Lesson

Remember this email?

'nuff said.

Beast

----- Original Message -----
From: "ST
To: "BEAST
Sent: Saturday, April 16, 2005 5:38 PM
Subject: Math Lesson


Actually Miss Beast, I'm 5-6 minutes faster than you in the swim and nearly 20 minutes faster in the Run. If the tables were turned you'd be renting billborads in Time's Square to announce it to the world. I quietly assert my superiority, with class and humility.

Biking, you got me by 12 minutes. Proportionally 5 minutes in the swim is like 30 minutes in the bike and 20 minutes in the run. Assuming the bike norm is 6 hours and the run norm is 4. I win 2 events to your 1, sad yet?

Your stand alone marathon time beats mine only by 10 seconds or something...where did you do it? Out in Jersey in some flat as a pancake uncrowded course. Oooh I'm scared. My best half-marathon time: 1:25 in Prospect Park (4 loops). Yours? I win yet again. I can't wait for Placid so that I can put all this "who's better at IM?" to bed, forever. Please Charles eat right, take yr vitamins and try to keep your delicate girly body healthy so that I can run past you at Placid and not slow down to see how your feeling as you shuffle home. Remember: please stay healthy so Super Todd can have a tasty Beast snack in the mountains.

See you in the park.

The (Far) Superior Athlete,

ST

-----Original Message-----
From: BEAST
Sent: Apr 16, 2005 12:45 PM
To: ST
Subject: Re: Today's Ride

S.D.T (D for Delusional) -

My god man 165 pounds!!!! That is Athena class, which is sincerely how I think you should enter yourself with your girlie running form. Biking for that matter as well.

You will never catch me on the bike. Never. It is a fact, get over it. As for the run; let me just remind you of which athlete has the faster marathon PR. That athlete would be me, posted only last year when I was not Nearly in as good of shape as I am now.

Yes, your lone IM marathon posting may have been faster than my two IM marathons. However, it is simply a matter of me getting my nutrition right. I will be working out this problem in race conditions while you tool around Prospect Park endlessly.

For now I concede you the swim. Take your extra 3-4 minutes and have fun. I will save that time in transition alone. Work up a good appetite my friend. You will need your calories to have any chance of catching me this year.

Beast

----- Original Message -----
From: "ST
To: "BEAST
Sent: Saturday, April 16, 2005 12:09 PM
Subject: Re: Today's Ride

Hey Beast:

I had a feeling you were in deep recovery mode so I rode on. I did 60 miles and then went over to R and A to have the creeking sound checked out. They greased up the seatpost and tightened everything, so far so good. I'm right at 172lbs, which is good for me this early in the season. Getting down to 165lbs will be a breeze in the coming weeks with these 16 (+) hour weeks, up to 20 (+) come May and June, whew! I am so going to kick your ass at IMLP, especially on the bike (swim and run I could kick your ass right now). Thank you for understanding. Tomorrow is a brick day for me. 4 hour ride, 1 hour run or 2 hour ride 2 hour run. I'll see how the bike feels tomorrow. I'll be out early to avoid all the yahoos, who seem to take over the park after 9:30 AM. Idiots! Letting their little children swerve into the bikes, people crossing the road without even looking and then shouting at you when you shout to warn them. Idiots!

ST

Click here to find out how many more days until ST takes another whooping!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home