Sponsors




Blogs




www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from cao5765. Make your own badge here.

Locations of visitors to this page

Friday, July 29, 2005

M-Dot Tattoo; Cool or Fool

When the day arrives that I qualify for and complete my first Kona Ironman race, I think I will get myself an M-Dot tattoo. The question is would I be foolish to do so? By getting this tattoo, am I simply being sucked into the hype of being an Ironman Triathlete or is this a heart felt way of expressing what you love to do?

I have just returned from IMLP with my family. My wife found the atmosphere surrounding the race environment and the Ironman experience as completely bizarre and cult-like. I on the other hand love the experience and feel as though I am among a community of like-minded folks.

I do agree that some people take the whole thing a bit too seriously and do not take the time to enjoy themselves. Having a wife that is a turned off by the environment, did manage to put a damper on my week, but not so much so, that I didn’t appreciate being there and sign up for next year.

So, back to the original question… M-Dot permanently etched into your skin – Cool or Fool?

1 Comments:

Blogger Meredith said...

If I ever complete an Ironman, I intend to get an M dot tattoo.

9:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home