Sponsors




Blogs




www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from cao5765. Make your own badge here.

Locations of visitors to this page

Wednesday, July 27, 2005

The Days After

The worst part of racing has to be the days immediately following the race. I am continually racked with intermittent feelings of intense depression and don’t know what to do with myself to get over it. I can’t even go out for a decent run, since my legs are too tired to generate much of a pace and the subsequent exercise induced endorphin flow.

I am sure other athletes experience these feelings. After all of the noise and hoopla surrounding the race is over, you are left with a profound silence as your ordinary work day routine returns. The passion that drove you for so long has to take a temporary backseat, while you return to your daily work grind.

I so much just want to go out with my family and swim, bike, run, hike, climb and play. I wish I could make a living by simply playing with my kids and training all day. I can’t wait for Friday to arrive so I can enjoy my children and the sun without the burden of training and work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home