Sponsors




Blogs




www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from cao5765. Make your own badge here.

Locations of visitors to this page

Friday, July 08, 2005

Weird Dreams


I had a weird dream last night. It was political in nature and featured my cousin K and President Jimmy Carter. Somehow she got a giant wood box, in the shape of a coffin that had things in it from the Jimmy Carter presidency.

In it was a giant cooked turkey with all the trimmings. It was obviously cooked a long time ago and sealed in the coffin. In the place where the turkey head should be was a picture of Carter's face. I started to make a joke that it was the food from what should have been for a celebration party for the successful mission of releasing the American hostages in Iran back in 1979-1980. They placed everything in the "coffin" after the mission failed and put it in storage. How she acquired it was beyond me.

I wanted to take a picture of it as a supplement to something I was going to write about it on my blog. However, K wouldn't let me take the picture, as she was afraid it was too inappropriate. I got furiously angry as I tried to snap some pictures and she kept swatting my hands so I couldn’t get the shot. We basically stopped talking after that, but later on I started to wonder if perhaps she were right. I was wondering if blogging about political stuff would cause nasty repercussions.

I don’t really know what the significance of the dream is, but I do know where some of the components for it came from. I was IM’ing a colleague over the Internet and the discussion went from current events to some history of the United States. The Iranian Hostage situation was one of the topics. I was probably thinking about my cousin earlier that day and the two and two went together.

I guess the dream just signifies my fear of blogging about some issues I would like to discuss. Unfortunately, it didn’t resolve the question for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home