Sponsors




Blogs




www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from cao5765. Make your own badge here.

Locations of visitors to this page

Friday, July 15, 2005

New York Crazy

I supposed in New York City you could see all sorts of crazy. This could vary from homeless people on the street, performers doing outrageous acts, religious fanatics proselytizing to all that will listen to drunken people wandering out into traffic.

I exhibited my own sense of NYC crazy a couple of days ago when I went to pick up my bicycle from my personal mechanic. He just prepared it for me to use at the upcoming IMLP and I went to pick it up after work. To get it home, I needed to navigate it to the subway while carrying an extra set of wheels, my laptop, umbrella, lunch box and assorted work papers. I was wearing a full suit with tie and in my dress shoes.

Being the impatient sort of person that I am, I decided that I would ride the bike to the subway to save time. I headed from the vicinity of 89th Street and First Avenue with the intention of getting on the 4,5, or 6 train at 86th and Lexington. When I arrived at this intersection, I decided that I should just continue down to 63rd and Lexington to catch the F train. This was the line I would need to take to get home and I decided that I was managing the ride just fine and didn’t want to deal with transferring trains.

I could only imagine what I looked like while riding alongside the Taxi cabs and busses dressed like I was. I had no helmet and was speeding on the mostly downhill trip to 63rd. Just riding without a helmet is crazy enough, but I did relish the though of what I looked like. I had my right suit pants leg tucked into my sock to prevent it from getting stuck in the chain.

In the end, my decision to get on the train at 63rd proved correct. The train was empty when I got on, but packed by the time I arrived to my transfer point if I took the 6 train. It was a pleasant bike ride and an easy commute.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home