Sponsors




Blogs




www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from cao5765. Make your own badge here.

Locations of visitors to this page

Saturday, April 23, 2005

A Spectacular Day


It was a spectacular day in the park this morning. Heavily overcast sky, misty, breezy and cool without being cold. The smell of the air gave me intense feelings of pleasure and a hard-on for living. I wish everyday could be like this one. The ground remained dry while the low hanging clouds valiantly held the rainwater within them. I completed the ride without getting hit by a single drop of rain.

In a way I was disappointed to have avoided the rainfall. I was looking forward towards training in more extreme conditions, but I knew I would be happier later on by avoiding it. My bike is always a filthy mess after riding in wet conditions, and I loathe the process of cleaning it. I have to force myself to wipe the chain down after each ride as it is.

The ride was one of the most satisfying that I can remember. I was fluid, fast and working with ease. I kept my heart rate steady, at around my IM pace. At one point I started to climb the hill and went a little two hard. I pushed my HR to 160 BPM (86%), which was a little too much being only 2 weeks removed from IMAZ. I made sure to take it easier on the hills for the rest of the ride.

Stats:
Ride Time: 1:56:52
Dist: 35
HR: 144/160
Cadence: 98
Temp: 53 degrees
Power: 280/495
PI: 29/60
LRB: R49/L51
Calories Expended: 1565
Calories Consumed: 350
Water Consumed: 40 ounces

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home