Sponsors




Blogs




www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from cao5765. Make your own badge here.

Locations of visitors to this page

Wednesday, April 20, 2005

A Lower Risk of Death


I am going about my life all wrong. According to an article in today’s New York Times, “Some Extra Heft May Be Helpful, New Study Says”, by Gina Kolata, People who are overweight but not obese have a lower risk of death than those of normal weight. So it would appear I should stop training and let myself develop a nice little pot belly.

I wonder if there is an optimal overweight percentage. If I were to achieve this figure might I live forever? Until this article I always thought everyone’s chances for death were about equal. Now I know that if I want to lower my risk of death, all I have to do is go back to eating cheese cake and ice cream.

Might I not though, develop a severe case of depression if I stopped exercising just to gain weight to live forever? Aren’t depressed people more prone to bad health and suicide? I will take my chances and continue to exercise and keep my body at a normal weight. I’ve always said that it is the quality of your life, not the quantity.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home