Sponsors




Blogs




www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from cao5765. Make your own badge here.

Locations of visitors to this page

Friday, April 08, 2005

12 hours to go


It is Race Day Eve and I have nothing left to do except fall asleep. I just took my sleeping pill so I should be nodding off at any moment. I will have to make this a quick entry; otherwise I will fall asleep with the laptop resting on my legs.

Today was basically a blur. Chris and I went for the practice swim in the morning. At the Gatorade check-in booth, the place where they hold your possessions while you do your swim, I received number 992 for my stuff. I am taking this as a good sign, as my race number is also 992. While I write this down, I realized I should have played this as a daily number in the daily lottery.

After the swim, we took an easy 2.5+ run. It was very relaxing and easy. My legs felt great. Earlier in the day I stopped at the Active Release booth, where they were offering free treatments. The person who worked on me took his time a really seemed to loosen my up.

We went back to the hotel after the run to eat a quick breakfast and to grab our bikes. We covered the run course on the bikes and took time out to take some pictures. Then it was time to check our bikes into Transition.

We cruised the village once again on the way out and I scored several more water bottles. I have no idea where I will put all of the bottles I collected when I get home.

The rest of the day went by quickly. We changed clothes, went to the race briefing and then had dinner. The rest of the evening was spent preparing my nutrition for the race. I am glad I did it this evening, as it took me the better part of an hour.

All is ready now and I am calm and ready to go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home