Sponsors




Blogs




www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from cao5765. Make your own badge here.

Locations of visitors to this page

Friday, April 01, 2005

Cottage Cheese


I have discovered that eating cottage cheese a couple of hours before doing a run is a very bad idea. The combination of running and being slightly lactose intolerant made for a very uncomfortable situation, especially if you are running on a treadmill in a crowded gym.

Fortunately, those around me were all wearing headphones and the din of the exercise equipment pretty much drowned out the sounds of gas being expelled towards the end of my run.

By the time I got off the treadmill, it felt like my intestines were going to explode. Fortunately I made it to the bathroom before I left a trail of devastation.

My wife had packed the cottage cheese for me to eat as a healthy snack. I had warned her previously that milk products tend to give me a touch of wind. My only consolation is that she is now suffering the consequences about as badly as I am. I feel the discomfit, but she gets to smell it.

Other than the gas problems, my run went very well. I felt very strong. So strong I questioned whether the treadmill was calculating the correct pace. I ran 6 miles in 46:20 with a relatively low HR 152/159. I could have easily run much faster, but I held back since I am tapering.

Earlier in the day I drove to Asphalt Green to get in my swim. I almost wished I stayed home. When I went to get on the Brooklyn Bridge from the BQE, having just turned onto the entrance ramp, all the cars in front of me were at a dead stop. Some moron in an 18 wheeler decided to drive onto the bridge. Fortunately, it only took 15 minutes to back him past the BQE entrance.

With no further difficulties I made it to AG and was in the water by 5:45am. I saw alternating easy/IM pace 500’s on 30 seconds rest. Once again I was surprised by how fast I was and so little effort. I completed 3000 yards in 52:23. I then left AG and was back at home at 7:20am eating breakfast with my family.

Only 7.25 days remain until IMAZ.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home