Sponsors




Blogs




www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from cao5765. Make your own badge here.

Locations of visitors to this page

Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Stroke Deficiences - A Pissing Match

Reader Note: The following is an email conversation (thread) between Beast and ST. It is in reverse chronological order.

--------------------

From: Beast
Sent: Mar 22, 2005 5:28 PMTo: ST
Subject: Re: Read

Yes, retiring afer Oct. I will have accomplished all that I set out to do.I will move onto more extreme events, like the Manhattan Island Maranthon swim and the Straight of Gibraltar swim. Events you are way too chicken to do; despite your supposed superior swimming ability.

Beast

---------------------

Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 5:09 PM
From: ST
To: Beast


Thanks for making me laugh.

Aren't you retiring from IM in October?I'll be doing IM for as long as my muscular body can take it.

Maybe you can come up to LP one year and be my waterboy, Beast.

Running tomorrow?

ST

-----Original Message-----

From: Beast
Sent: Mar 22, 2005 4:59 PM
To: ST
Subject: Re: Read

It is sad how you dwell on the past. You walk slowly along the tracks of your life thinking that past results are indicative of future performance. You are so preoccupied with it, that you do not hear the freight train barreling down the line to crush you.

I pity you. I can see you years from now. Sitting on your Lay z Boy, stomach protruding over your pants, hand safely tucked in below your belt line scratching yourself, watching the Ironman on TV and thinking to yourself in your old man voice - "yeah, I remember in the day when I beat that beasty boy in the swim. Too bad I wasn't good enough so I could have at least come close to matching his overall time".

I'll have my Kona memories.

I am the BEAST.

-----Original Message-----

From: ST
Sent: Mar 22, 2005 2:55 PM
To: Beast
Subject: Read

Read the results from last year’s IMLP!

-----Original Message-----

From: Beast
Sent: Mar 22, 2005 2:55 PM
To: ST
Subject: Re: Amazing

The Truth Shall Set You Free. Come the conclusion of IMLP, you will be free to prostrate yourself before me and beg forgiveness.I acknowledge the truth of my swimming deficiencies and from the knowledge comes power.

I will improve my stroke to make myself the most efficient swimmer I can be.I do not swallow that spoonful of jism you so often try to serve. The swim is the prolog, the warmup before the main event.

Your 50M ride is barely a warmup for me. I do 50M before the sun dares to peek over the horizon.

Yes, you are beefy. The Beast shall savor the taste of your beefy flesh after I slowly roast it on an Iron skewer for 10 hours in July.

Beast
-------------------------------

Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 14:30:21 -0500 (GMT-05:00)
From: ST
To: Beast
Subject: Amazing

"It is amazing how what you think you are doing is often completely different from what you are actually doing."-Beast

Think of those words the next time you think you're faster than me at ANYTHING.I did 50 miles this morning. I am Super Todd.I swim like a muscular dolphin.I run like a beefy gazelle.I bike like, well, like Super Todd

I remain,

Super Todd




ST (indoors where he belongs) Posted by Hello


Beast after another great race Posted by Hello

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home