Sponsors




Blogs




www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from cao5765. Make your own badge here.

Locations of visitors to this page

Friday, March 25, 2005

Groundhog Day


Today’s workout can best be described as a groundhog day. I did the same distance swim in the same lane in about the same amount of time as Tuesday. My run, like Tuesday’s, was on the same treadmill, for the same distance and also in about the same amount of time.

Just like in the movie, I was slightly better than the previous day. Practice makes perfect is the common wisdom regarding such improvements. I am sure I made the usual spectacle of myself while running the treadmill. I can often be heard yelling to myself to “come on!” while I am running. I do that to get the evil thoughts out of my mind and encourage myself to move forward like a brutal drill instructor.

I love the drill instructor inside my mind. I love how that disembodied voice forces me to move on when I feel my body starting to slack. It won’t let me. I am completely conscience of my yelling, but a disassociated part of my brain is breaking free and compelling me to carry on. I am sure I appear insane to others on the gym floor, but I don’t give one rat’s ass.

Fifteen days are remaining until IMAZ. I am following my coach’s workouts exactly as prescribed. I am trained this mid-week at IM paces for moderate distances – 24M bikes (Tue. & Thu.), 4500 Yd Swim and 8M run (Wed. & Fri.) They were relatively easy to do, but I do feel slightly drained right now. Possibly I needed to get a little more sleep and eat some more. In any event I am ready. No pains or injuries. I feel like a race car getting primed to move.

Ground Hog Comparison:

Wednesday:
Swim: 4500 in 1:14:26 (16:18, 16:30, 16:38, 16:31, and 8:27)
Run: 8 in 1:02:00, HR 158/166

Friday:
Swim: 4500 in 1:15:27 (16:53, 16:44, 16:01, 16:02, and 8:43)
Run: 8 in 1:01:47, HR 159/170

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home