Sponsors




Blogs




www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from cao5765. Make your own badge here.

Locations of visitors to this page

Sunday, April 17, 2005

Recovery


I am on the road to recovery. I ran 4 miles today at a comfortable pace. My HR did spike once or twice when I started to climb the Prospect Park hill, but other than that I felt great. Run time: 36:33, Distance: 4, HR: 143/163, Calories: 483, 3.4M loop time: 30:00

My mind has recovered from the stress of the race and I am beginning to think clearly again. I would say my mind and body are in sync once again and I am ready to start focusing. I am sure I will have some bumps in the road as I make various changes to my routine, but I think I will be able to handle them. The mental aspect of recovery is definitely the toughest.

On Saturday I did an easy 26 mile ride in Prospect Park. I felt cold, even though it was in the mid 50’s when I went outside. My body is down to 152 pounds from a pre IMAZ weight of 157. The lack of body fat and spending a week in the desert has made me very susceptible to the cold. The cold felt good though and helped to fight off my springtime blahs. Here are the ride stats: Time: 1:32:00, Distance: 26, HR: 131/152, PWR: 235/456, PI: 29/59, LRB: 50/50, Calories: 1048

Afterwards, I took my son back to Prospect Park for soccer practice. I felt like a good dad, doing his fatherly duties. My son ran almost the entire mile to the practice, insisting on racing me. Of course he would dart out ahead of me and declare a race, while I was still walking behind him. His look of joy warmed my heart. During the night he kept waking up with complaints of leg pain. I suppose his little legs are not yet used to the rigors of running for distance. Hopefully though, this will not prove to be a problem and I can look forward to years of running and cycling with him.

I am off now to ride bikes with the family. My daughter is already on a two wheeler and I am getting my son started on one. He is two weeks shy of five, but he seems to be ready. I guess I will get some extra running in today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home