Sponsors




Blogs




www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from cao5765. Make your own badge here.

Locations of visitors to this page

Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Rain or Shine


I am not sure how I did it, but I did. I swam 4000 yards at masters swim practice and then ran 12 miles outside in the pouring rain around Central Park – all on 5 hours sleep.

The swim was a bit aggravating, since the Masters coach, just rattles off several sets of repeats and then leaves us on our own to complete them. I always have trouble remembering what he said. I just like to be mindless when I swim, which frees me to concentrate on the workout. Inevitably, I forget what the sets are and I have to look around to see what is next.

On the run, I covered the Upper 5M twice to maximize my hill running pleasure. The trip back and forth from Asphalt Green rounded out the run to 12 miles total. I enjoyed my time outdoors and my smooth steady running was caused a glowing shine within me.

When I arrived back at AG, steam was rising from my body. My fingers were wrinkled and I probably looked like a drowned rat. I hopped in the shower with all of my clothes on. I was covered in sweat, rain and grime and I felt great. I let the shampoo run out of my hair onto my clothes to loosen some of the dirt and give them a rudimentary cleaning. I probably looked a bit odd showering fully dressed.

Later in the day, I started to pack for a trip to the Sagamore in Lake George with the family. We are only going until Saturday, but it is not possible for me to pack light. I intend to get at least one bike ride in, which meant all my bike gear and warm clothes for the cool morning temperatures in the mountains. As I started to load my bike onto the car, it started to rain again and I got soaking wet.

Run Stats:
Time: 1:42:00
Distance: 12
HR: 145/163
CP Loop 1 time: 46:30
CP Loop 2 time: 40:49
Calories: 1376

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home