Sponsors




Blogs




www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from cao5765. Make your own badge here.

Locations of visitors to this page

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

My New Thing

So I’ve got a new thing going for my training routine. Whenever my workout calls for a bike ride, I setup my computer right next to my bicycle so I can play online poker at www.fulltiltpoker.com while I ride. It is really working out for me. I’ve been able to achieve a higher heart rate while doing this than while ever watching a movie on TV. I guess the excitement of it is a constant thing unlike a movie which inevitably has slow and dull moments. I am not playing for real money, so no worries about me becoming a degenerate gambler. Playing for points is satisfying enough; but damn is it addictive. So now I am fueling two additions at the same time – training and gambling. Maybe I could somehow work sex into this equation and really reach nirvana.

Yesterday I blew off my 3 mile active recovery run and instead substitute about 90 minutes of ice skating with my kids at night. It was my son’s first grade school outing, so I took him and my daughter to the rink and skated amongst a bunch of 6 years old. It was a lot of fun. The night was cold and crisp with a light breeze. The air was sparkling clear and the lights in Prospect Park were twinkling beautifully. It was very heart warming to see a bunch of little kids all skating, sliding and falling with a rosy glow on their cheeks. My kids had a great time and didn’t want to leave the ice. My son is really starting to get the hang of ice skating and was off on his own for almost all of the night. Moments like last night serve as a reminder of how lucky I am.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Jason The Running Man said...

Great Blog, will be following it.

5:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home