Sponsors




Blogs




www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from cao5765. Make your own badge here.

Locations of visitors to this page

Sunday, January 21, 2007

Being Alive

I am still sick with icky green and yellow mucous coming out of me so I took another day off. Three days in a row and I am convinced that I am going to become fat and out of shape again. I can hear my inner couch potato jumping up and screaming for joy as I sit on the couch playing online poker at fulltiltpoker.com and watching the football games.

Actually, I wasn’t a complete couch potato today since I coached my son’s basketball team. I seem to get along well with the kids. Speaking of kids, I found myself pondering the reasons why I decided to have children. I think deep down I was too nervous not to have them. I guess it is some built in biological urge to procreate that drives most of us to spawn offspring. If I didn’t have children, I would be a biological failure right?

Life though as I’ve gotten older seems to have become more complicated and stressful. It bothers me to know that my children may someday be going through the same stresses and worries that I am going through now. It sort of makes me question the wisdom of bringing children into this world. I guess it all depends on whether you feel the awards of being alive outweigh the pains of being alive.

1 Comments:

Blogger Janice said...

Okay, no offense, but you need to get out and run. Running brings on optimism. Sitting on the couch makes one worry:) Hope you're feeling better soon.

5:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home