Sponsors




Blogs




www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from cao5765. Make your own badge here.

Locations of visitors to this page

Friday, January 05, 2007

Stopped Boulder

I so blew it today. I refused to get out of bed when my alarm clock went off. I kept telling myself that I didn’t want to go for a run and that all I wanted to do was sleep. That is what I wanted to do at the time, but I am so regretting it now. I finally did pull myself out of bed, but then I took my sweet time getting ready. By the time I was finally ready to get out the door, it was almost 7am. My kids’ school had Parents as Reading Partners today, so if I wanted to go to that it was too late to get in a run and be able to get ready in time.

I asked my daughter if she wanted to go for a run with me this evening and she said she would. Hopefully I will get that in. However, it is supposed to rain all day starting late morning and I doubt this will happen. It was beautiful outside this morning. 60 degrees and calm in the middle of January – perfect weather for a run. I am on the train now to work and the only thing I can think of was the fact I should have done my run. I would be feeling so much better now if I had gone. Right now I am feeling depressed and anxious. I haven’t done anything in 3 days now. I’ve been suffering from a bit of a stomach virus since Wednesday morning so I took the last two days off. Today will make 3 if I don’t get in my run tonight. My stomach is still bothering me though, so who knows how I will feel tonight. If it keeps feeling like this I am going to leave work early.

I don’t know what it is with me lately. I don’t know why I am struggling to get out. I am like a gigantic boulder that has stopped rolling. It is so hard to get it moving again and gathering momentum. It takes such energy to get it moving that it seems impossible. Once I get the momentum going though, I know it will be easy to continue. I just can’t seem to gather it.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Listen to your body! It's probably telling you that you need the rest. Three days training lost is no big deal & you'll get back at it. Don't make yourself miserable over it. Enjoy and sleep. Sometimes that's what you need most.

6:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish I could add something encouraging but all I can say is I feel your pain. 57% of why I get up at the butt crack of dawn to workout is to avoid the psychic pain I'll feel if I don't. Sort of like the pain of the Yankees losing is much more intense than the elation of them winning.

8:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home