Sponsors




Blogs




www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from cao5765. Make your own badge here.

Locations of visitors to this page

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Succumbed to the Holidays

I’ve been out late for the last few nights in a row, making it impossible to wake up in time for a workout. Truth is though I am being a little lazy; at least that is what I tell myself when I start skipping workouts. The current streak started Sunday when I let myself sleep too late to get in a full workout on Sunday. We were at a Hanukkah celebration Saturday night and I got in late. Then after a birthday party on Sunday, I totally blew off going to the pool on Monday morning because I felt I needed more sleep. Top that off with a holiday party Monday night and I am working on two days without any significant workouts. I of course slept in this morning, so if I don’t get something in tonight, I fear I will blow back up to a big fat slob before New Years. I am already finding I have to let my belt out a notch.

I can’t let that happen though. I’ve now fully committed myself to doing Escape from Alcatraz Triathlon on June 3. TriCalifornia got their act together and sent me a corrected link to register, plus refunded my money for the mistakenly registered Wildflower. I even booked a hotel room and the economical rate of $104 per night only about 5 blocks away from the transition area. Now I just need to pay for airfare.

Alcatraz is all about the swim. How many times in a lifetime do you get to swim from the Rock like a convict trying to escape the place? 55 degree water, choppy, full of currents and sharks; sounds like fun. I want my family to go with me, but right now my wife is objecting to that notion. She doesn’t know it yet, but she doesn’t have a choice and is going. The trip will be an experience for me and the kids. I don’t want anyone to miss it. I think it would be a crime to do so, just in the name of saving a few bucks. It’s a life experience and as far as I am concerned you need to take every good one that gives you.

So all this being said, I need to start swimming again. I am completely out of swim shape. I probably couldn’t do a lap around my bathtub right now. I bet I can probably float real well from all the extra weight I put on. Ok… from this point forward, I am going to think swim. I am a swimmer; I am one with the pool. I am not cold all of the time and the water will feel refreshing. There is nothing like positive thoughts to kick start your motivation.

1 Comments:

Blogger Todd Colby said...

Charles Olson thinking "swim?" This is gonna be good.

8:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home