Sponsors




Blogs




www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from cao5765. Make your own badge here.

Locations of visitors to this page

Monday, December 25, 2006

Xmas 2006

Christmas Eve

I was supposed to do a 12 mile run today, but I just wasn’t feeling it. My HR wasn’t getting to where it should be and I suspect I am just a bit tired from staying up too late and biking and swimming. I went swimming yesterday for the second day in a row. It wasn’t far, only 500 yards, but the two days in a row combined make it a lot more than I have been used to. I was able to get that swim in while my kids played in the family recreation lane at the Dodge YMCA. I took them to the pool for a swimming evaluation for determination of which swimming class they can take in January. So far I am making the most of my membership.

So instead of suffering through a slow and painful 12 miles, I went home to grill vegetables for the xmas eve party we throw every year. It’s nice sitting by a warm grill drinking a beer and listening to my Ipod. Add in wireless internet access and I am feeling no pain. All I needed perhaps was a football game on the radio but it was still before noon.

I noticed that I have love handle starting to develop again. If the sight of that is not enough to get me back into training, I don’t know what is. It is pretty scary looking. I’ve grown accustomed to the svelte mal-nourished look. Actually, I never felt I looked mal-nourished, but that is what some of my friends have told me in the past.

Christmas Day

Well I am making like Santa today and taking the day off. It was too much fun watching my kids open their presents and I just wanted to be with them all morning. Both my kids still believe in Santa Claus. I am starting to feel funny that they still do, but on the other hand there is something about their innocence that just melts my heart. I want it to last as long as it can.

My son got a Rubik’s cube and both of my kids got MP3 players. My son wanted Rock and Roll on his and when I asked my wife what I should put on it, he replied that he wants all of it. I don’t think his MP3 player has that sort of capacity.

It is a lofty responsibility deciding on what music to put on your children’s Ipods. Where do you begin? I have a decent library of music, but I am clueless as to what is appropriate. Is it ok to give my son Motorhead, Iron Maiden, Metallica and Judas Priest? I am also without a clue when it comes to current music. Any recommendations would be appreciated. My parents didn’t have to go through this. I need a teenager to help me. Damn I am getting old.

At least I am not so old that I am too dense to figure out the Rubik’s cube. Once I figured out the instructions, it was a snap.

So far this xmas has been easy. Like right now, I am sitting in my car with my wife driving on the way to her aunt’s house. I get to relax and work on my blog (posting too, technology can be cool). Hopefully there will be no traffic when I have to drive home later.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It seems we're writing more about workouts NOT done these days than ones completed! 'Tis the season:)

My oldest daughter got an MP3 player for her birthday three weeks ago. I'm very open about music. My kids listen to Green Day, The Killers, Hillary Duff, Madonna, U2, Nickelback, Pink, KOS, etc. My youngest still likes songs from princess movies, but my oldest is constantly taking my CDs. I download whatever I'm listening to onto her player. She loves it. My husband and I just make sure they have headphones that are outside the ears to avoid early hearing loss! Hope your kids enjoy!

10:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello there-

just found you blog! Congrats on the JFK50!

Do prefer road or trail runs? I love the trail but it's rather complicated living in NYC and running on a trail!!!

Happy Holidays!

12:32 PM  
Blogger Morrissey said...

"Is it ok to give my son Motorhead, Iron Maiden, Metallica and Judas Priest"

Answer: Most Definitely!!!!

Funny how kids these days now gets ipods as gifts....during back in my days - I used to get all excited over nintendo games! Damn, times have changed!

12:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home