Sponsors




Blogs




www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from cao5765. Make your own badge here.

Locations of visitors to this page

Friday, December 22, 2006

Hard Swim

I had the hardest swim workout today. It wasn’t hard in the sense that I went at it very hard; it was hard in the sense that it was difficult to do. I guess that is what happens when you don’t swim in almost 2.5 months; you lose all of your swimming fitness. I have to make sure I don’t take such a long layoff again. I feel like I am starting at the beginning. It was such a struggle just to get in the first 500 yards. At least after that point I started to feel a little better and swam a total of 1500 yards in a dismal 30 minutes. I also ran 6 miles earlier this morning, so today marks the first day I've done a run/swim combo in quite some time.

Getting back in the pool though was a major accomplishment. Perhaps I am back on the righteous path. I went to the Dodge YMCA, which is close enough to my house to make the commute to it painless. I had to sign up as a new member and the process was quick and painless. The front desk was even kind enough to lend me a lock since I forgot mine at home. It was a 4 digit combination lock and I was able to go to a locker which had the exact same number. This was very convenient and scary. Convenient because I didn’t have to remember the combination and scary because when I opened that locker door, there happened to be a young boy hiding in it. It was just pure coincidence and the kid got a real kick out of how badly he startled me.

This past Wednesday night, I did another run/ride with my daughter. I think we had our best conversation of all the times we’ve gone out together. We were just talking about life, memory, dreams and desires. Perhaps one day we will both talk about the guy we saw walking a white dog near a red stop light. It was a warm conversation which flowed naturally and easily. It made the run pass very quickly, which was a good thing because her small hands and toes were very cold by the time we got home. When we got back into the house, she wrapped herself in her Yankee blanket, lounged on a chair with footrest and drank a cup of hot tea. It all seemed so adult like, except for the fact that we watched Spongebob while she warmed up; but then again I know many an adult that likes Spongebob.

1 Comments:

Blogger Todd Colby said...

Beautiful Charles.

8:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home