Sponsors




Blogs




www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from cao5765. Make your own badge here.

Locations of visitors to this page

Sunday, January 14, 2007

Training Well

I’ve been training well over the past couple of days. Maybe I am starting to get back into the swing of things. On Saturday I was able to swim 2500 yards while my kids were busy with their swim lessons. According to my son’s instructor, he holds a lot of promise and should be an excellent swimmer. Hopefully I can hope for him to win a swimming scholarship to a prestigious college so I can save money on tuition and spend it instead on doing Ironman races around the world.

After swim lessons, my wife took the kids out to shop for clothes, so I got to ride around Prospect Park with my friend Larry. It was raining fairly steadily, but the temperature was warm and still too nice outside to pass up an opportunity for a middle of January bike ride. We rode in a small group for most of the time and the ride was uneventful and pleasant. Initially I felt that I went out overdressed and almost stopped to shed down some clothes. However, just as I was getting ready to stop a couple of riders caught up to us and Larry and I slipped behind their wheels for some paceline action. I didn’t want to stop to shed down, which ultimately turned out to be a blessing. I started to get chilled as the rain came steadily down. In total I rode just shy of 44 miles.

Today I ran a little over 10 miles on my own. I decided to get a little adventurous and ran outside of Prospect Park for a change. I started by going through the park and then out by the Ocean Parkway exit over to Fort Hamilton Parkway. I then took a right onto McDonald Avenue and ran along Greenwood Cemetery and up the steady climb back to Prospect Park West. I then went back in the park where I did a figure 8 along the transverses to get me to over 10 miles.

When I got home, I was annoyed to see that my workout today actually called for 15 miles. I was really running well today and would have liked to go longer. But by the time I realized I screwed up on the distance, it was too late in the morning and I had to get ready to take my son to basketball practice. I had fun running around with the kids for the duration of it and made up some further exercise later on by doing some strength training at the gym in the mid afternoon.

1 Comments:

Blogger Coach Neil said...

Stay positive, stay consistent.
nlc

11:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home