Sponsors




Blogs




www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from cao5765. Make your own badge here.

Locations of visitors to this page

Thursday, January 18, 2007

A Week of Work

Its been a few days since I made a blog entry, so I figured I’d better post something. It had been a busy week, one in which I’ve gotten in all of my workouts. Well sort of. I had a crappy bike ride on the trainer today, which was so short that I’d hardly call it a workout. But other than that, I haven’t done so bad.

Monday was almost a washout. I thought I would be home early from a trip to my brother’s house on MLK day, but that is not how it turned out. I had the day off from work, but I was called so many times during the day, I may as well have gone to the office. By the time I got home, I was feeling defeated and exhausted. I was just at the point of bagging the idea of a run when my wife told me I should go. She was right. As soon as I started running I felt much better. I figured I would go out for an easy 3 miler, but felt so good I called her up and told her I would be home later than I told her. Now that I am worried about being accosted in the park, I make sure she knows my route and the approximate time I would be home.

Tuesday morning I got in an hour’s ride on the trainer and then headed out to the Hamptons for an overnighter. It turned out I didn’t need to stay overnight, but it was late by the time I was able to leave. Rather than deal with all of the traffic headed back towards the city, I went with a friend and coworker for a strength training session at a nearby gym. It was a good workout. I am starting to feel stronger again now that I am somewhat regularly doing strength training.

Wednesday morning I woke up a little late, but still had time to go out for a run. I wasn’t sure how far I was supposed to run and my computer was all screwed up so I couldn’t view my workout plan. I decided to just go out and run 6 miles. I felt really good and wanted to go longer; which turned out to be a source of annoyance, because when I finally got my computer to work, I saw I was scheduled for 8. Well, I guess the good thing is that I wanted more rather than wanting to do less.

I also got my swim in Wednesday night. I am starting to feel a bit faster in the water. Maybe though that is just in comparison to some of the people I’ve been swimming next to. I must be going at non-prime time swimming hours because some of the people in the pool when I go have to be seen to believed. Yesterday I swam next to a woman who looked like a baby orca and would absolutely freak out if I grazed her toes when I caught up to her; which was very regularly. Finally though she left and was replaced with this stunning looking girl in a hot looking triathlon two-piece bathing suit. Suddenly my swim was much more pleasant. She flowed through the water with such speed, grace and ease; a form at which I could only hope to one day reach.

Today as I mentioned was a washout. I was exhausted. I really need to stop staying up to watch CSI:NY so I can get enough sack time to do a decent morning workout. To be fair though, I did take an Ambien at 9:45, but it failed to put me to sleep. Or maybe it is just that I am coming down with a cold.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home