Sponsors




Blogs




www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from cao5765. Make your own badge here.

Locations of visitors to this page

Friday, October 27, 2006

Paranoid Schizophrenic

I went for a run tonight after I got home from work. I don’t know why, but lately I’ve been feeling distraught in the evening and all I want to do is veg out and go to sleep. I’ve been forcing myself to go out and run as I know I always feel better after I do. I really should get back to running in the morning so I can get that endorphin rush at the start of my day, rather than when I only have a few hours left in the day to enjoy it.

It was raining by the time I got home and I half debated whether or not I should do the run on my treadmill. I like running outdoors so much better so it really wasn’t a question. I guess part of my reluctance to go outdoors, was I knew the park would be deserted. I am beginning to worry like an old lady that something will happen to me if I take the out of the way routes I normally run on. I guess the worry comes with knowing that I have two small children at home and it wouldn’t do to be knocked unconscious while traveling along one of the transverses. I hate this feeling of nervousness. I don’t know if its normal or I am just turning into a paranoid schizophrenic. Maybe a bit of both. Maybe it is a result of getting older, like not being read anything up close and have lots of gray hair begin to appear on my head.

Anyway, nothing untoward happened to me and I thoroughly enjoyed running around the park. It was almost completely empty. I only saw two other runners. For some reason Friday nights are not a popular time for people to be out and exercising. I guess everyone has more of a social life than I do. I suppose the rain contributed to the emptiness. I didn’t quite get 6 miles when I came out of the park, so I continued over to the Prospect Expressway and ran over a pedestrian overpass. I got a nice picture of myself with the traffic on the background. I think it looks like I am trying to break out of prison.

1 Comments:

Blogger goose said...

i think you have a healthy concern for your safety. accidents happen every day to unsuspecting people no matter how aware they are of their surroundings. 90% of the people i pick up in my ambulance were going about their day merrily when all of a sudden something happened...

i'm glad to read that you're well. i think of you often and hope that i can one day make it up to you for forwarding that spam message.

good luck with the marathon!

9:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home