Sponsors




Blogs




www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from cao5765. Make your own badge here.

Locations of visitors to this page

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Not a Pretty Picture

It has been a very boring past few days at the lair of the Beast. No training and otherwise just passing my life away in the daily grind that is work, weekend and repeat. My reaction while leaving my office today was another day down the tubes. Is this how life is supposed to be, struggling your way through one day after the next? It can really get boring at times. Maybe I can find a way to live off the land. Prospect Park is filled with wildlife and vegetation that looks sustaining. The park has plenty of raccoons and rabbits. I can eat them and clothe myself at the same time. Get back to basics like the pioneers.

I saw my podiatrist today about my ankle. One of the findings was that I have weak ankles based on the way I wobbled when I stood up on my toes. I was sent home with a stretch band and a list of exercises to perform. That, rest and ice for about a week will hopefully return me to my running form. One can hope this is so. I am already feeling fat. A couple of days off and I feel like I’ve gotten completely out of shape. Becoming a fat couch potato dad is just around the corner if I don’t get back into action soon. I can see myself now with a greasy stained t-shirt, belly hanging out, sitting in my underwear watching TV. Not a pretty picture.

The doctor thinks one of the other main causes was switching my running shoes. Something to do with them being lower to the ground causing my ankle to tweak. Too bad they can’t make a shoe that doesn’t wear out. Just when my shoes get old, crusty and ugly looking is just when I like them the best. By that time though it is time to give them a rest. I put them with my other shoes that are piled up high in the back of my closet. I don’t like to throw out any of them because each one has a story. I still have my IMAZ shoes although I will never wear them again. Perhaps I should start throwing some of them out. Better yet I’ll throw them on top of some telephone wires this way I can see them whenever I want, but have them out of the way. Yeah, that would make a nice picture for my blog.

1 Comments:

Blogger Cris said...

I can see myself now with a greasy stained t-shirt, belly hanging out, sitting in my underwear watching TV. Not a pretty picture.

...and now I know what lives under your bed at night and threatens to grab your ankles!

I'd have said it's the boogeyman that lives in your closet, but apparently there's not enough room in your closet, what with your stockpile of unwearable shoes. And I would call THAT strange...except I still have my first pair of cowboy boots. Bronzed.

*sigh* back to work.

10:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home