Sponsors




Blogs




www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from cao5765. Make your own badge here.

Locations of visitors to this page

Saturday, October 14, 2006

Primal Quest

I saw Primal Quest Utah on TV this afternoon. It is the type of race I always thought I’d like to do and watching it certainly confirmed those feelings. Taking on such a challenge though is probably not something that will happen in my lifetime. I don’t have the luxury of the time necessary to train for such an event; at least not until I can afford a very early retirement. Perhaps if I didn’t have two children I could get away with it. Maybe I can do something like that when they are off to college.

Anyway, I have more immediate concerns to worry about. It appears that my right foot felt jealous of my left foot receiving attention from it recent injury, so my right ankle started acting up. I started to get sharp pains shooting around the ankle bone on the outside, wrapping around my Achilles tendon. Where this issue came from in beyond me. I started to feel it yesterday morning and it has only seemed to get worse. I had to stop running today and walk home because the pain was just getting more intense if I continued to try to run on it. This could only be a result of trying to switch running into a new pair of shoes. It is the only thing that makes sense to me and I am sticking with that explanation.

I don’t know what I will do if I have to take a layoff of any significant time. I definitely find my mood is improved if I get a workout in first thing in the morning. I am crabbing and anxious if I don’t get one in and I just feel like I am in a sour mood all day. I guess I’ll make another trip to my podiatrist to see what he says about this injury.

My ankle isn’t bothering me so much that I wasn’t able to spend the day outside with my kids. We started out the day kicking the soccer ball outside our house. This was a warm-up for their soccer games at noon. I wasn’t able to watch my daughter play, since I coach my son’s team and the fields were in opposite locations. However, my son played his best game yet and toughed it out when he was hit hard by the ball several times. He was very proud of himself and so was I. We took a break after the games to eat lunch, watched PQ and then played in Prospect Park for the remainder of the day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home