Sponsors




Blogs




www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from cao5765. Make your own badge here.

Locations of visitors to this page

Monday, October 02, 2006

Signed Up

I decided to take today off. I was schedule for a very easy 3 mile active recovery run, but I figured running around with my kids all day was recovery enough. I probably could have struggled through a run, but I tend to try to go too hard, turning it from recovery into a workout. I am sure my legs will thank me tomorrow.

One thing I did do today was send in my application and entry fee for the JFK 50 Miler. I am now definitely committed to the race. I no longer have any doubt that I will be successful at it. I am even thinking I can have a pretty competitive time. I’ll just have to see how race day goes and remember, more than anything, to pace myself very slow especially for the first 30 miles or so. I am looking forward to struggling through the Appalachian Trail section and then first having to contend with miles of endless tow path along the canal. I suspect I’ll learn a lot about myself as I do it. The suffering should be wonderful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home