Sponsors




Blogs




www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from cao5765. Make your own badge here.

Locations of visitors to this page

Thursday, September 28, 2006

My Theory

I have a theory about being in certain locations that you normally don’t go to. The theory is that if you happen to be in a location, that is not someplace you normally go, you will wind up being back at that location in the very near future for a completely different and unrelated reason. This happened to me as recently as today.

Last night I happened to change subway lines at the 47th - 50th Street/Rockefeller Center station. This is not a station I normally or regularly go to and it was only by chance that I had to make a transfer at this stop. Today, I found myself back at this same station due to a completely different set of circumstances. Yesterday it was not even a conceivable thought that I would be back at this location today, however here I am today.

I have no idea what this means or its significance. It is just something that I have noticed throughout my life. Perhaps someone reading this has had it happen to them as well. The one caveat about my theory if you are in a place you don’t normally go to, you can’t think that perhaps in the near future you will be there again. Somehow that ruins the connection or makes it irrelevant since you can consciously take yourself there in the future to force the prophecy true; and that would be cheating.

One place, where I have no doubt I will be this evening is Prospect Park. I couldn’t wake up this morning to do my workout, so it is off for another evening run. I am beginning to like working out at night so much better than in the morning. About a year ago I could never conceive of this happening. Maybe it is because it is still daylight outside when I get home, whereas in the morning it is still dark when I wake up. Lately, I’ve felt like when it is dark outside I should be sleeping. This doesn’t sound like such a good thing going into the shortest days of the year. Hopefully I am not developing a fear of the dark.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home