Sponsors




Blogs




www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from cao5765. Make your own badge here.

Locations of visitors to this page

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Completely Bonked

I woke up this morning (barely), got out for my run and had one of those days. The kind where I get to the other side of the park and I completely shut down. I hate when this happens. I wind up walking and wondering how long it is going to take for me to get back home. This doesn’t happen to me too often, but I was a little surprised it happened today.

I guess I really shouldn’t have been surprised. I didn’t eat well yesterday. That is, I didn’t eat enough. I skipped my lunch due to continuous meetings and really wasn’t feeling well anyway. I had a ton of gas and bowel cramping which caused me horrible discomfit. I think the gas was backing up into my stomach, fooling me into thinking that I wasn’t even hungry. At several points during my meetings I was in agony and had to excuse myself to try to let some out.

I managed to get my appetite back by the time I got home from work. I ate a fairly large dinner, but still woke up in the middle of the night starving. This was about 2am, but I forced myself to go back to sleep. By 3:30am I couldn’t take it anymore, so I went to my kitchen and ate a large bowl of cereal. I figured this meal would carry me through my workout this morning, but evidently it didn’t.

I spoke to my coach about this morning about this problem. He is saying that I should be eating more. Judging by how hungry I am right now I’d say he is right. I told him how my scale told me I only have about 10 percent body fat. He was appalled and said I better start eating more and not worry about my weight. I think subconsciously I am concerned about it and loath to let it creep back up. I worked hard to get to my current weight and don’t want to see myself blow up to a big fat slob again. People have trouble believing that I was once over 200 pounds and completely out of shape. One day I will post a picture here to prove it.

I am disappointed I didn’t get in a workout yesterday and that today’s was a bust. Unfortunately, I don’t have time tonight to try again as I have to be at my child’s school for a parent/teacher conference. Maybe I can eat well enough tonight to wake up feeling energized and ready to go for tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home