Sponsors




Blogs




www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from cao5765. Make your own badge here.

Locations of visitors to this page

Saturday, September 16, 2006

My Legs are Back

My legs are back. I went out for a bike ride this morning and my body felt physically strong. I am showing no signs of post race fatigue from SOS. This is the best recovery I have made in a very long time. I almost didn’t discover the fact that I am feeling strong, since I really questioned if I felt like going out for a ride. I didn’t have much time to do much training, since my only free time was sandwiched between my son and daughter’s soccer games. I figured what was the point, but I got out and rode 30 out of 50 scheduled miles.

The ride was in Prospect Park. I am sure the thought of riding alone in this park once again was a contributing factor in not wanting to go. I am so bored with it. It has become absolute torture. I am ok with running around it, but doing endless bike laps is going to drive me insane. I just don’t have much choice of riding venues. If I go anywhere else, I spend most of my riding in traffic; not a very fun alternative.

Since I was riding strong I had surges of motivation run through me. I generally feel good once I get going. It’s the getting going as of late that’s been tough. I am looking at it from the perspective that I have so much stuff to do and so many commitments, is it really worth the struggle to keep training. Is doing anything just a pretense to stay in shape? I know I’ll keep going though, because ultimately it makes me feel better to do so. What I need is a cheering squad, someone to tell me to get off my ass and to get out the door.

1 Comments:

Blogger Janice said...

Sorry that I'm continually commenting on your blog, but I hear you about commitments. I've just started a new job as a vice-principal, my husband is doing his masters through distance education, and I have two girls ages 5 and 7. My husband and I are both volunteer swim coaches for the local competitive swim team and both our girls swim. They also take piano, so there's a fair bit of running around to do.

I think keeping going with training is so much a part of who I am that I refuse to give it up. Yes, there are nights when I am soooo tired the last thing I want to do after the kids are in bed is run, but out I go. Soon it will be out into the blustery snow (which I secretly love)! Keep going. You're a role model for your kids. Training teaches you how to handle the ups and downs of life. It's always valuable:)

9:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home