Sponsors




Blogs




www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from cao5765. Make your own badge here.

Locations of visitors to this page

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

School is in Session

Fall is officially here. The kids have started school and the weather is turning cool in the morning. I woke up around 5am feeling chilled from the breeze coming in my window and all I wanted to do was roll over and go back to sleep. I didn’t see how it was possible that I would get up and do a 24 mile bike ride this morning. Was there ever a day when I would eagerly jump out of bed to do a workout. I know there was a time, but it seems so long ago I can’t remember it.

I let myself flop around my bed until 5:45am. That is when I finally decided that I may as well try to make myself do the workout. I checked my email quickly, grabbed a water bottle, inflated my tires and made it out the door just past 6:10am. I had to wear a long sleeve jersey because I would have been too cold without it.

I didn’t remember where I put the light colored lenses for my Rudy Projects so I wore my regular eyeglasses. It was too dark outside to wear them with the colored lenses. It’s such a pain in the ass to bike ride with them since I look out over the top of the lenses when I am in the aero position. I get this split image with the top blurry and the bottom clear when I lookout onto the road. Or I get the bottom blurry and the top clear when I look down at my cycle computer.

While riding I noticed that someone tied a yellow ribbon around a large tree. The song “Tie a Yellow Ribbon” began to play over and over in my mind. It was quite annoying. I wonder which situation most people would find more annoying; having a song trapped in your head or having to clean up the dead rabbit that I saw along the Prospect Park loop. The poor rabbit must have been struck by a car as it lay dead in the road right on the painted line that separates the bike lane from the traffic lane. Its red blood was a stark contrast to the white line as it flowed down it on a slight incline. I think I would rather have to clean up the rabbit. At least once the cleanup is done its over, whereas the song may remain in my mind all day long.

Ugh, I am feeling hot, sweaty and nauseous right now. At least I have a seat on the subway. I got it just before the train was delayed in the station due to a sick passenger. If I didn’t have a seat, I am sure I would have been carried off the train as well. I don’t know why I am feeling sick now, I felt pretty good when I got off my bike. I usually feel better after a workout and I am always glad I forced myself to do them even though beforehand I just want to lie in bed. Maybe I am feeling awful because I feel restricted around my neck now that I am wearing a tie again for work. Summer is over and it is back to the old dress uniform. Maybe if I win the lottery I’ll show up for my last day at work wearing my tri clothes all sweaty from a workout.

I need a haircut. I haven’t had one since before IMLP. I have SOS this coming weekend and I always like to have my hair short before a race. I will have to try to find time this week to make it to my barber. I rode pretty good today so I am feeling confident that I will have a good race.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home