Sponsors




Blogs




www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from cao5765. Make your own badge here.

Locations of visitors to this page

Friday, September 01, 2006

Timex Ironman

I could be wrong, but I don’t think the guy in this picture is an Ironman. Maybe at some point in the past, but definitely not now. This being the case, I question whether it is proper for him to being wearing a Timex Ironman watch. Somehow, I don’t think Timex had this person in mind when it came to a target audience.

Maybe I am just being mean. After all, he could be aspiring to lose weight and get in shape to do an IM. Perhaps the watch gives him motivation. Who am I to judge?

Speaking of Ironman and Ironman type events, I am giving serious consideration to doing the JFK 50 Miler. My coach thinks it is ill-advised. I think it is just the thing I need to get my training act back into gear. Something about traversing 20 miles of rugged Appalachian trail, followed by 30 miles of a tow path and asphalt is appealing to me. It is supposed to take the same amount of time an effort as an IM, so I know I am cut out for it. I’ll just have to see how it goes as September rolls on.

Now that it is September, it means that the Red Hook municipal pool will be closing down. It will be back to my twice/thrice weekly commute by bike to Asphalt Green. I can honestly say I am not looking forward to it. Maybe I will just stop swimming.. Maybe I’ll just do ocean swims until it becomes too cold to do so.

Tomorrow it is supposed to rain frogs, fire and brimstone; at least according to my friend Chris, who is trying to bag a scheduled run for tomorrow. I intend to go no matter what. A 20 mile run is just no longer challenging, so I am hoping a little wind and rain will make it more of an effort. The great thing about running in the rain is that it is so easy to stay hydrated. Osmosis is a great trick once you learn how to master it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home