Sponsors




Blogs




www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from cao5765. Make your own badge here.

Locations of visitors to this page

Sunday, October 15, 2006

Out of Commission

My ankle was feeling ok this morning which gave me some confidence to try a run today. I had to wait until the late afternoon since I had soccer duties this morning and my wife had a commitment through the early afternoon. I almost decided not to do a run, since I started to come down with a migraine, but fortunately some Excedrin was mostly able to cure me of it.

My wife took the kids out shopping around 3pm, giving me my window of opportunity to do a run. It was a gorgeous fall afternoon and as soon as I started running I felt great. The endorphins immediately started flowing and I could tell that this was going to be a run that I would enjoy thoroughly. I was going to fly through this run and it was going to feel effortless.

My ankle though wasn’t sharing in that feeling. It was kind of bothering me at first, but nothing serious. On a scale from 1 to 10 I’d say it would go from a 1 (no pain) to a 3 (mild twinges). I decided that as long as the pain didn’t get worse I would continue on. This is how I progressed until my second mile when I felt a shooting pain in my Achilles tendon; run over.

At first I didn’t really care as I was feeling great at the moment. The endorphin rush was giving me a nice high. I started to walk home still feeling good and not really at all concerned at all. By the time I exited the park though, I started to come down and think about the consequences. I started to wonder how long it will really be before I can/should attempt another run. I guess I’ll seek advice from my podiatrist. In the meantime it is going to be hard not to start sitting on my couch all the time eating cupcakes and watching TV.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home