Sponsors




Blogs




www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from cao5765. Make your own badge here.

Locations of visitors to this page

Thursday, October 26, 2006

Cold, Dark and Windy

I ran with my friend Larry this evening. If I didn’t plan to meet him, I may have just gone to bed. I arrived at home feeling cold and tired and sleep seemed like a much more appealing idea than a run. By the time Larry called to tell me he was ready to go, it was cold, dark and windy outside.

As soon as I got outside I realized I was under dressed for the run. Larry’s pace can best be described as slow and steady which wasn’t fast enough for me to warm up. I didn’t really mind the slower pace, as I figured it would be an exercise in proper pace management for the upcoming JFK 50. I’ll just have to dress warmer for the next one.

We spent the time talking about the Hawaii Ironman and about strategy for the JFK 50. It is getting close and I want to make sure I am fully prepared for it. I think my feet and ankles will hold up, even though they are still a little achy. The discomfit I am feeling has been very minor and will hopefully remain as such throughout the duration of the upcoming NYCM and JFK 50. I know one thing though; it is going to be tough running slow for so long. I wonder if I will be able to contain my pace.

The park was empty this evening and a beautiful crescent moon was showing. The cold and windy fall air made for a very clear sky and everything appear to be sharply in focus. It seemed like a perfect night for a run; it was a wonder that more people weren’t out. I guess not everyone finds it enjoyable to run when it is cold dark and windy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home