Sponsors




Blogs




www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from cao5765. Make your own badge here.

Locations of visitors to this page

Monday, October 23, 2006

I am getting more impatient as I get older. I hate waiting around for anything. I feel as though every second of my life should be geared toward seeking pleasure out of it and being forced to wait for something is a colossal waste of time. I think instant gratification is a great thing. This is probably why I am filled with such angst over the state of my ankle.

Speaking of my ankle, I saw my podiatrist again today. He gave me the green light to run on it an assured me that I won’t tear anything or cause further damage. It may get tender and sore, but as long as I can deal with the pain, I should be alright. The problem is with the Peroneal Tendon. Now that I am no longer worried about running with the injury, I’ll take the pain it gives me as just an added benefit to training hard. Doesn’t any endurance athlete only feel alive while they are in the midst of their suffering?

I was able to get in a 6 mile run this evening in 46 minutes. Not bad for a week layoff. I need to send thanks to my friend Todd for getting me the same pair of shoes I was wearing before all this trouble began. Now that I am running, I just have to hope I am still in shape for the marathon.

This entry should be a lot longer, but it is getting late and I need to try to wake up tomorrow morning for a workout. I’ll try to get the remaining items off my mind tomorrow during my commute to work.

1 Comments:

Blogger John said...

I would like to think that our aches and pains are not a reflection of our age, but a result of intense activities...but it still sucks!

4:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home