Sponsors




Blogs




www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from cao5765. Make your own badge here.

Locations of visitors to this page

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Top of the Rock

This evening my company had an outing at the Top of the Rock at Rockefeller Center. It is a very nice venue with sweeping views of the city. It had an outdoor terrace and the evening breeze was cool and refreshing. We were even given souvenir binoculars for our viewing pleasure.

Of course I wasn’t there to just admire the view so I made my way through the crowd to begin socializing. At one point I stopped to talk to someone I know. While talking, some spittle accidentally shot out of his mouth and landed on the lapel of my suit jacket. He saw it happen and got horribly embarrassed. He started to clean it off and began to apologize profusely. While he was apologizing, some more spittle shot out of his mouth and landed on my tie. I wished he would just stop talking and leave me alone.

Fortunately, I was spared from any more spittle for the rest of the night as well as from anyone with bad breath. The party was festive and restful enough and I wasn’t harassed by anyone asking me inane computer questions all night long. I mostly received accolades on a project I just completed as well as asked running and training advice. It wasn’t a horrible way to spend an evening, but I think I still preferred to spend it at home with my kids. I probably drank a little more than I should have, so hopefully I won’t feel any ill effects in the morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home