Sponsors




Blogs




www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from cao5765. Make your own badge here.

Locations of visitors to this page

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

No Cold Soy Milk

Ah, the lazy days of summer. Too bad I have to work or I would really take advantage of just laying around. This morning I was scheduled for a swim and run, but I really didn’t feel like either. I woke up a little late once again, so I figured I would go to the pool. At the last minute though, I decided to just skip it and to go wake up my kids instead. That seemed infinitely more pleasurable than dragging my tired ass to the pool.

Once we were all downstairs in the kitchen to eat, I reached for the carton of soy milk to pour onto my cereal. Fortunately (or unfortunately), the carton was virtually empty and yielded a miserly trickle followed by only a couple of drops. This got me aggravated so I figured I may as well go out for a run, while another container of soy milk cooled off in the freezer.

The run turned out to be very enjoyable. I ran smoothly and easily and was very happy I got out the door. I’ll have to “run out” of cold soy milk more often. I ran 6.4 miles, which was just enough time for the container to cool down to a level suitable for pouring into a bowl of Life cereal with Hammer Whey protein powder sprinkled on top. There is no substitute for a healthy and nutritious breakfast after a morning workout.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home