Sponsors




Blogs




www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from cao5765. Make your own badge here.

Locations of visitors to this page

Sunday, July 30, 2006

Time to Move On

I am being told I should be proud of my accomplishment in completing this year’s IMLP. Someone reminded me that earlier this year I said I just want to get through this race. I don’t remember saying it, but I believe the person. It just goes to show my state of mind over these past months.

I don’t particularly feel proud of myself. It’s as if I feel that completing an Ironman isn’t any sort of great accomplishment. I guess I’ve become jaded having done several of them in my life. Yeah, I know I could do an IM, but how good am I at it? I feel as though by not living up to my own standards, that just finishing it is not something I should be proud of. Like doing a half-assed job; where is the pride in that? That’s all I have to say on this subject, it is time to move on and drop the negative. I finished, I was in the top 25 percent I am in great shape and I have another Ironman under my belt.

It is also time to move onto the next race; Survival of the Shawangunks on September 10. You can read my previous race report on it here. To begin preparation for this race I went out to Brighton Beach on Saturday to do my first open water swim sans wetsuit. I need to get my body used to swimming in cold water again. I swam slow and easy as I didn’t feel any urge to push myself. I am not ready to push myself yet. The water was about 74 degrees, but had a distinctive thermocline about 3 feet down. I didn’t get cold, but I didn’t exactly feel warm. I encountered plenty of jellyfish. I was like Spongebob strolling through the jellyfish fields. I got stung a few times, but nothing so bad. I swam for 35 minutes called it a day and went to play with my kids on the beach.

This morning I rode an easy 12 miles. Once again I didn’t feel like pushing myself and probably couldn’t even if I wanted to. It was just a recovery ride and a check to see if I could still ride a two wheeler. Later, for a change of the summer pace, we are going to Chelsea Piers to ice skate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home