Sponsors




Blogs




www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from cao5765. Make your own badge here.

Locations of visitors to this page

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Yawn

That’s what I’ve felt like for the last two days. Just taking a big yawn and heading to bed for a nap. I don’t know why I feel so tired lately. Maybe I am just getting to bed too late. I feel like lounging around at night rather than hitting the hay to wake up early to train, so that’s been cutting into my sleep.

Yesterday morning (Monday) I didn’t stand a chance of making it out the door in the morning. I woke up to get ready for my run, but couldn’t resist the lure of my couch to lie down on it. I succumbed to its call and said to myself I could do the run at lunch or after work.

Of course, I couldn’t get it in during lunch (dentist appointment) and on the way home all I could think about was eating dinner and vegging out. Fortunately, I asked my daughter in the morning if she wanted to go for a ride with my while I ran in the evening and she was eager to go when I walked in the door. Otherwise I almost certainly would have skipped it. I was very glad for her company as she made me keep a decent pace and the run felt cathartic and rejuvenating.

I didn’t feel like going to bed at my normal time though. I wanted to sit on the couch and watch TV with my wife. This got me to bed later than I should have in order to wake up early enough to get in my ride this morning. I still forced myself out of bed and out the door for the ride.

Perhaps I should have just stayed home. I am never any good when I am overtired. This showed just as I was entering Prospect Park, where I had to navigate around a barrier that was for some reason placed in front of the entrance. I didn’t do such a good job of navigating, since I fell onto my elbow when I tried to get around it. I was very fortunate, since after I got back up and started to ride again, I realized I forgot to put on my helmet before I left.

I went home to retrieve it and then proceeded to ride a very sluggish 11.5 miles. I barely had the energy for that, but at least I was pleased with myself for making sure I did something. Maybe a good night’s sleep is all I need to get myself moving again in the morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home