Sponsors




Blogs




www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from cao5765. Make your own badge here.

Locations of visitors to this page

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Left Wanting More

I was pretty relaxed on Sunday and had a full day. The morning started out with breakfast with a friend of mine at a local joint where we shot the shit and then took a walk in Prospect Park. We had been planning on getting together for a while and it finally happened.

Later that same morning I stopped by fellow runner and blogger Cris to help him move furniture into his new house. The move was quite easy and he was moving literally next door. It didn’t take that long to move the big stuff and I was ready to do some more, but it was all over quickly. The only think left to do then was to go home and get in my scheduled bike ride.

I was strong on my bike and averaged over 20 mph for a distance of 24 miles. I wasn’t even trying hard and I felt satisfied when I got home. In fact I felt like I should have done more, but decided not to push too much too soon. My wife and kids were out ice skating during this time and I got to relax at home alone for a while. That is always a rare treat. They arrived home just after 4pm, whereupon we soon left to see the Brooklyn Cyclones game at Keyspan Park in Coney Island.

At one point during the game a foul ball was hit directly at us. Unfortunately, the person just in front of me caught the ball and gave it to a kid nearby. My son saw that and for the next 45 minutes started to sulk that he wanted a ball as well. I was reminded of the time when I was about his age and a ball was hit next to my father and me, but the person right behind me got the ball. I thought how this was history repeating itself all over again. Fortunately the baseball gods took pity and caused another fly ball to enter the stands right next to us. This time someone else retrieved the ball and handed it right to my son. For the rest of the game he was smiling ear to ear and kept stating how he was one the luckiest kid around. My daughter later on got a souvenir foam victory ball that was thrown in the stands by the players after the Cyclones won. They even got them autographed by the catcher of the team. The night ended with all of the kids in the stadium running around the bases. It was definitely a great family place to go. We all left there wanting to come back for more.

1 Comments:

Blogger Cris said...

Thanks again for helping me move. Sounds like you rounded out the day with some fun. I've got to get down and watch the Cyclones play this season. I keep putting it off and the end of the season will be here before I know it.

8:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home