Sponsors




Blogs




www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from cao5765. Make your own badge here.

Locations of visitors to this page

Thursday, August 10, 2006

Pressure to Train

So I decided to just skip my workout this morning, even though my coach told me to make sure I get something in everyday this week. I was tired from the night before and I just felt like taking the pressure to train off of myself for once. I think that is why I haven’t been enjoying it so much. Too much self induced pressure to train, like it’s a job I have to do in order to pay my mortgage and support my kids.

My fear in letting myself slack off with training is that I will eventually stop doing anything if I don’t keep the momentum going. I’ve done this before, so I’d likely do this again. History repeating itself and all that. However as I look back at it now, I think the reason why I failed to keep my training regimen going in the past was because I was just tired of the pressure I put on myself to get up every morning to workout. Perhaps I am finally learning from my history and kind find a way to give myself a break without feeling as though I am going to be a big fat slob again. It’s ok to goof off every now and then, especially without any big race commitment coming up, right?

Maybe I just need to get to bed earlier so I don’t feel so darn tired in the morning.

1 Comments:

Blogger Morrissey said...

no guilt man...EVERYONE deserves a break once in awhile!

5:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home