Sponsors




Blogs




www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from cao5765. Make your own badge here.

Locations of visitors to this page

Friday, March 17, 2006

St. Patrick’s Day

I am not sure if today is actually St. Patrick’s Day, but the parade was most definitely streaming down 5th Avenue this afternoon. Unfortunately, I didn’t get to see any of it as I was busy working all day. It is annoying that I sometimes can’t get out of my office.

Another point of annoyance this morning was that I slept through my alarm clock again. By the time I woke up, it was too late to get to the pool. I guess I really shouldn’t sleep with ear plugs, but sometimes the machine noise from a commercial building down the block drives me crazy and won’t let me sleep. I probably should have just stayed awake when I woke up at 3am instead of trying to go back to bed until 5am.

I made the best of the situation though and did a trainer ride in my basement. A solid 75 minutes on the bike while watching “Assault on Precinct 13”. It was pretty good fodder for entertainment during an indoor ride.

For the remainder of the day I had illusions of making it to Asphalt Green to get in my swim. I was hoping to leave early, but something kept coming up, causing me to remain in the office. It was all petty nonsense and bullshit and I am pissed at myself for not saying “fuck it” and getting the hell out. Other than the crap that came up it was a very quiet day and the perfect opportunity to cut out a bit early, especially considering I have to leave for a business trip tomorrow morning.

By the time I was able to leave the office (5:30pm), it was too late to get to the pool and make it back downtown for a 7pm appointment. I called my coach and explained my frustration, who advised me to just get an easy run it at a nearby gym. Fortunately I had running gear in the office so I was able to fill some of my waiting time with a leisurely run. By the time I finished, I was nicely mellowed out and miraculously calm. That type of feeling hasn’t come over me in a while.

It is a little late now, so I am hoping I will sleep well enough for tomorrow’s Brooklyn Half Marathon. I am going to run to the start (about 7 miles), so I need to wake up extra early. Normally I would want to get to bed earlier, but that’s what happens when you get home late. I think I’ll make my children tuck me in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home