Sponsors




Blogs




www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from cao5765. Make your own badge here.

Locations of visitors to this page

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Pool Time

I made it to the pool this morning. It’s the first time since January 26. It seems like a lifetime ago and my apparent lack of fitness in the water echoed that fact. I quavered about getting up this morning to go, but in the end I am glad I did. I have much to make up for to get ready for IMLP.

As usual, I got to the pool by way of bicycle. The ride was part of my scheduled workouts for the day. It was probably less than 15 miles, but I was carrying a lot of weight. I propose that the extra effort to move such mass, made up for the lack of distance. The bike fully loaded with my gear must weigh 60 pounds.

The sky was already illuminated by an early dawn brightness by the time I started riding over the Manhattan Bridge. The last time I did this ride it was pitch dark and gave the bridges bike path a lonely and desolate feel. With some light outside it was quite pleasant as you could see the entire city waking up.

My day was pretty much non-stop from the moment my feet first touched my pedals. After my bike and swim, I had a meeting at 8:30am. My day stretched on continuously answering email, telephone and attending meetings. It was past 5:30pm by the time I looked up.

I had another appointment over on the Westside of Manhattan starting at 6:15pm, so I quickly changed into my bike clothes and freed my bike from a sign post along 56th Street. When I first started locking my bike outside and leaving it for 9 hours unwatched I the street, I was worried that it might be stolen. However after looking at many of the other bikes locked up around Manhattan, I realized that my bike was one of the biggest pieces of shit chained to a pole. I could probably just lean it against a fire hydrant and find it untouched at the end of the day; no one would want this thing.

My appointed ended very quickly which capped off the day. I contemplated either riding home or taking it easy and riding the subway home. In the end, I figured I am getting off to a good start, so I rewarded myself by relaxing on the train.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home