Sponsors




Blogs




www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from cao5765. Make your own badge here.

Locations of visitors to this page

Thursday, February 09, 2006

Ran Out of Run

I ran out of run this morning about 1.2 miles into a scheduled 6 mile run. That was ok though, as the most important thing I did was get out of the door. My most important concern at this moment is my mental well being and getting outside seems to help tremendously.

I took a couple of days off training over the past two weeks and each time I did, I was a depressed nervous wreck for the remainder of the day. I figured the first time was a fluke, but when I took another day off and I felt even worse that day, I knew I had to concentrate on doing something everyday.

The key word in the previous sentence is “something”. This doesn’t necessarily mean training all out or training with a specific goal in mind. As a matter of fact, I can honestly say I no longer care about Ironman. If I do it, I do it, but as of this minute I have no inclination to put myself through another Ironman training regimen. I am only concerned with doing something.

This could all change in the future as I am slowly able to build up my volume. Perhaps with increased volume will come an increased desire to train for something hard. My friend Super Todd likes to kid me about how he will beat me at this year’s IM. Right now Todd you are going to have to go it alone as I don’t think I will be there. Something dramatic and inspirational must happen to me for those juices to start flowing. It is time for me to start taking baby steps again before I begin to run. You may have to wait another year for an attempt at reclaiming the title of “Number 1 Ironman Triathlete of Brooklyn”.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home