Sponsors




Blogs




www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from cao5765. Make your own badge here.

Locations of visitors to this page

Saturday, January 28, 2006

Saddle Sore

I rode 61.7 miles today. The most remarkable thing that occurred during the ride was the realization as I passed mile 56, that I was 13 minutes past 3 hours into my ride. Now I know this is very early season, pre season in fact, but still I should have been able to ride 56 miles in under 3 hours. I am definitely feeling slower and older.

The next time I go out, I need to make a concerted effort to remember to bring my camera. Several times during my last few workouts, I missed opportunities for what I think would be a very interesting picture. Today, what struck my fancy was the long shadow my cycling body cast from the rising sun. The shadow must have stretched for 30 yards and I felt that capturing the moving image while cycling at 18 mph would have made a very interesting picture. I guess I will keep my camera right with my workout gear.

ST met me about 30 miles into my ride. It was clear that I was going to have a difficult time keeping up with him every time we hit the Prospect Park hill. We were soon joined by Robert, another friend and triathlete, both of whom dropped me for good about two loops of the park later. It was just as well. I was tired of trying to keep up the pace and preferred just to grind out my remaining 20 miles.

During my ride, I received a call from Brooklyn who was at the Manhattan Half Marathon. He asked if I was doing it. I didn’t even know it was today, but in truth I doubted I would have even if I’d know. I haven’t run a mile since my run last weekend. I couldn’t even walk normally until Thursday. Hopefully my last run won’t be my last run.

A couple of hours after my ride today, I went for a bonus bike ride with my children. This was very painful since I appear to be very saddle sore. I really must remember that wearing jeans commando style and bike riding don’t mix. Fortunately, we didn’t ride far and took lots of breaks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home