Sponsors




Blogs




www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from cao5765. Make your own badge here.

Locations of visitors to this page

Sunday, March 05, 2006

High Points

I did what I call the High Points run in Prospect Park today. It consists of running up to the highest points in the park. Running this route definitely takes you off the beaten trail. It is very peaceful and scenic and offers quite a bit of solitude. I think my favorite part of it today was hearing the wind howl when I reached the highest point. The trees groan from the branches rubbing together, which sometimes fills you with the fear of having a large branch come crashing down on your head. This is not so unlikely, as the area is filled with wind felled trees and limbs.

Yesterday, I took my children hiking in this same area. It was at least 15 degrees cooler and far windier. They didn’t seem to mind the conditions and proceeded to hike and explore for three hours. The hiking made up somewhat for my very short Saturday ride.

Some other high points today included finding a five dollar bill, a skateboard and a soccer ball. I found the soccer ball during my run at the highest point in the park. The first time I saw it, I decided to leave it where it was in case its owner was lurking nearby. However, when I returned to the spot 30 minutes later and the ball was sitting forlornly in the same corner I decided that it had been abandoned. I didn’t feel like deviating from my planned route, so I ran about 2.5 miles while carrying it instead of heading directly home.

Later in the day I took my son skateboarding with his newly acquired board. He asked me to help him clean it up and wants to paint it so that it looks like flames. I guess I have a project cut out for me after my workouts next weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home