Sponsors




Blogs




www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from cao5765. Make your own badge here.

Locations of visitors to this page

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Unpredictable

I find that so much regarding training is unpredictable. Time, places, circumstances and injuries could conspire to derail your training, none of which you could possibly foresee. This unpredictability could be from the mundane to the more serious.

When I woke up yesterday morning at the early hour required to get in my swim, the last thing I wanted to do was get out of bed and head to the pool. At that point I could not have predicted that a little more than an hour later would see me not only getting my swim in, but going over distance. I felt so good, I didn’t want to stop. After I left the pool for the ride to work, I had no idea that it would be raining, which is a good thing; had I predicted that, I may have used it as an excuse to stay home.

Unpredictability regarding my training also takes on some amusing forms. If I look back just a year ago while working at my former employer, I never in my wildest dreams could have predicted that I would be using their number one competitor’s computer as a changing room to change from my bike clothes to my work clothes. Every time I do that, I look back and say “how improbable is this?”

This past fall, I was looking forward to having very strong training through winter. I could not have predicted the mental vapors that practically incapacitated from training for the first two months of the year. Where that came from I have no idea.

Sometimes unpredictability is something annoying, like riding down Second Avenue on my way home last night to find that overnight they ground the road up in order to repave it. That was very annoying and treacherous. At least later on in my ride a branch that broke due to the high winds that night missed me instead of clocking me on the head.

The morning sky is always unpredictable. I need to remember to carry my camera so I can take pictures of the beautiful dawns that appear on occasion; if only for evidence of what I saw.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home