Sponsors




Blogs




www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from cao5765. Make your own badge here.

Locations of visitors to this page

Monday, March 13, 2006

On the Verge

I appear to be on the verge of making my comeback. I made sure to get in a 4 mile run in the middle of my work day. This is a good sign. The run was an easy way for me to kill two birds with one stone; I ran to my accountant to drop off my tax information and I got in the scheduled workout. Fortunately, it was a relatively quiet day in my office so I didn’t have to worry about stepping out while the place was burning down.

About the only problem I had during my run was some residual chafing on my nipples as they rubbed against my shirt. Yesterday’s rainstorm caused my shirt to give them a stinging abrasion. At least the abrasions didn’t leave bloody streaks down much shirt in the form of the number 11.

Spring is definitely in the air which means it is time to consider using sun block again. I noticed I have a bit of sunburn on my face from Saturday’s ride. I think I prefer avoiding skin cancer more than avoiding the greasy feel of sun block on my face. I’ve already burnt my nose severely several times in my life, but hopefully the future risk of skin cancer is somewhat exaggerated.

If I can manage to get to the pool twice this week, I’ll feel more comfortable saying that I am back. So far I find waking up at 4:30am for the ride to the pool remains unappealing. Maybe with the earlier rising sun it won’t be as bad. I’ll know I am back when I start cursing myself for all the wasted time over the past 2 months. While I know at this moment I didn’t have much choice in the matter, in the future I’ll have just the fading memories of my reasons why I didn’t train properly to which I’ll say “what was so bad”. I am looking forward to that day, because when it comes there will be no denying my return. I’ll have to refer back to my blog for a refresher so I don’t punish myself too much.

What is pain except for the memory of it? Once it’s gone can you really conceptualize what it felt like? You can know it was bad, intense or the worst you ever felt; but could you really feel it again after it’s gone. Once it leaves, if it wasn’t for the memories, did it ever really happen?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home