Sponsors




Blogs




www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from cao5765. Make your own badge here.

Locations of visitors to this page

Thursday, March 09, 2006

Annoyed

I am annoyed. I didn’t wake up in time to get a ride in, much less get to the pool. Even my daughter said something to me. She saw me in the bathroom, getting ready for work and she flatly stated “Daddy, you were supposed to go to the pool this morning”. I’ll never get my swimming fitness back unless I solidly get with the program.

The reason for my inability to wake up had much to do with the fact that I didn’t fall asleep until after midnight. I went to bed around 10pm, but all I did was lay there, stubbornly refusing to fall asleep. Around 11pm my wife entered the room and expressed some surprise that I was still awake. When I said I couldn’t fall asleep, she asked why I didn’t come downstairs to watch TV with her. I thought about doing so during that hour, but I was hoping I would nod off.

For the next hour, we talked and pleasingly engaged in carnal relations. I am sure the greater part of the hour was spent talking. Anyway, after we were through with each other for the night, I popped an Ambien on top of another sleeping pill and finally fell asleep around 12:30am.

My alarm clock going off this morning rudely awoke me and I knew in that instant I was too tired to get up. Had I gone out to ride to the pool, I undoubtedly would have some sort of incident as described in the New York Times about people being arrested while driving under the influence of sleeping pills.

Getting out for a lunch time workout was out of the question. I worked non-stop from the moment I entered my office until I forced myself out the door at 6:30pm. By the time I get home, eat dinner and tuck my children into bed, I’ll be completely wiped out. I stand no chance of doing a workout tonight, not if I want to have a chance of waking up tomorrow.

I enjoy my sleep too much to wish I could do without it. I guess I find it precious since I have such difficulty attaining it. I no my body and I am definitely no good trying to work out when I am tired. My form is completely off, my heart rate low, and I wind up either shuffling or rolling at a speed barely necessary to stay balanced. And staying balanced is one of the keys to maintaining a healthy and happy life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home