Sponsors




Blogs




www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from cao5765. Make your own badge here.

Locations of visitors to this page

Sunday, March 19, 2006

Leaving on a Jet Plane

I am on my way to San Antonio, Texas by way of a change of planes in Dallas. I’ve been to San Antonio once before. I had no interest in seeing it then and I have no interest in seeing it now. I did feel as though on my first trip, I should have visited The Alamo. I didn’t, so perhaps this is god’s way of giving me a second chance to see a major historic sight. Hopefully it is not to far from my hotel and I can take an easy run to it.

Just a few minutes ago, I went through the metal detectors to get to the gate. I had to practically strip down to my underwear (thank goodness I didn’t as I am not wearing any) to pass through it. After I got through the metal detector I went to collect my belongings from the x-ray machine. I had just finished putting my laptop in my bag when I noticed someone else doing the same thing. I noticed that this other person's laptop had the “standby” light blinking and thought could that be mine as I always keep my laptop on standby. I quickly asked the guy if that was his laptop and we realized that we had each others. Had I not noticed, he would have left with mine and I would have left with his. What a disaster that would have been. I guess I am blessed with a heightened sense of perception.

Thankfully, I have minimally soreness from yesterday’s Brooklyn Half. It would have been very uncomfortable to sit for the next 5 hours traveling, if my legs were stiff and sore. Even my toenail that started to bleed during yesterday’s race isn’t bothering me. I forgot to mention that in yesterday’s entry. During the race, it felt like I had made a hole in the sock of my left foot around my middle toe. The feeling of my toes sticking to the sole of my shoe was very annoying. When I got home I realized that the nail had cut into the flesh causing it to bleed. I must remember to make sure my toenails are short before I do another long run.

1 Comments:

Blogger Brooke said...

San Antonio isn't too bad. Personally, I perfer the River Walk to the Alamo, but that's just me. I did learn an interesting fact while on the boat tour on the River Walk. Supposedly, all of the buildings in downtown SA are constructed so that none of them ever cast a shadow over the Alamo. Now that took some creative planning!!

12:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home