Sponsors




Blogs




www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from cao5765. Make your own badge here.

Locations of visitors to this page

Monday, March 27, 2006

Bowling

I woke up today with Monday morning blues. Actually, it started last night with the Sunday evening blahs. I am not really sure of the reason of my down mood, as nothing bad happened and I had a pretty good weekend. The highlight of which was most definitely going bowling with my daughter, while my son was a few lanes away at a bowling birthday party. It warmed my heart to see them laughing and having a good time and I really enjoyed the couple of hours where I had my daughter all to myself.

My bowling outing yesterday came after I put in a 63.3 mile ride to nowhere. I could say it was a ride to better fitness, but distance wise, I never ventured more than two miles away from home. I rode with several friends at various times, the majority of which was with Larry. We rode at a leisurely pace as is Larry’s inclination and that suited me just fine. I figured on a long ride, it is better to start off slow and push the pace later on. I broke off from Larry around 36 miles. My goal was to try to come around and loop him. Calculating the pace I accelerated to and the pace that Larry was going, I figured I would do it within 10 laps. It would be difficult to catch, but definitely within the realms of possibility. He

Unfortunately, I couldn’t keep my increased pace throughout. While I did ride faster during the second half of the ride, I slowly started to slow down from my initial second half pace. I rode another 9 laps/30 miles and I decided to bag it for the day. I was out of HEED, running low on water and I wanted to go home, eat breakfast and play with my children. After I ate, spaced out a few minutes, showered and played with the kids I took them bowling. Evidently, I still had some strength, because I bowled halfway decently; scoring a 145, 143 and 126 with my daughter taking my 10th frame in the final game. I even got out and did an easy 4 mile run this morning. Fortunately as the day wore on the blues disappeared. Unfortunately, I didn’t leave my office until after 7pm, which greatly limits the time I get to spend with the kids before bedtime. Such is a busy life.

1 Comments:

Blogger Deb said...

You have a great sense of balance. I believe it's paramount that we feed our passions (family, work, fitness)but it's that darn balance thing that can make it so difficult. Training sounds like it's going well, but time with the kids before bed....priceless. Good luck with the balancing act and congrads on doin it right!

6:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home