Sponsors




Blogs




www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from cao5765. Make your own badge here.

Locations of visitors to this page

Sunday, March 19, 2006

The Alamo

So I finally made it to The Alamo. As soon as I checked into my hotel, I changed into my running clothes and ran to this must see San Antonio attraction. It’s a quaint building amounting to not much of anything. This is a picture of me at the entrance.

I said earlier, that possibly god wanted me to see it. This could have been, because standing out a short way from it was a religious fanatic handing out money. You didn’t realize what his mission was at first. When I happened upon him he was trying to get an audience by offering one dollar bills to anyone who could answer his questions. The first few were innocuous enough – What do you call a baby elephant (a calf which I answered and got a buck), what was the first word said on the moon (Houston) and various other trivia questions.

Eventually he started offering the big money in the form of a five dollar bill. This he would give to anyone if he could prove to the audience he was a good person. A young male among his posse of friends decided to take up the challenge. Little did he know that he would be peppered with sophistic questions that only a religious freak would ask. The first question was “Did you ever lie?” Of course the answer was yes, to which he asked the young man “And people who lie are called….” whereupon he got the man to answer “liars”.

He then got him to admit that he has used the lord’s name in vain and has had lascivious thoughts about women. After recounting these facts and calling into question his moral integrity there was no question that this was a man who was destined to burn in hell. The poor sap. He never saw this coming and you could just feel how much he wanted to get away. Perhaps he didn’t leave immediately, because he still held out hope he would get the 5 bucks.

After this little treat, I decided to go run the River Walk; something that JKRunning told me I should do. It was actually quite pleasant and just the ticket for an easy recovery run. I took it very easy and stopped plenty of times to take some pictures. I was in a pretty good mood, which I think was helped by the overcast skies and the smell of rain in the air. The fragrance of the river was also very pleasant. Hopefully, I’ll get to do this run a couple of more times while I am here. Perhaps I can even swim in it, since the pool in my hotel is completely unacceptable for swimming laps.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home